I'm borrowing a theme from my friend Mep while she is away on vacation. Here are a few things that have me smiling. And a few that have left me shaking my head.
- We bought Mary Poppins this weekend. I was afraid that it would be too low-tech and old-fashionedy for our high tech daughter but she loves it as much as I do. I'm delighted to introduce a new generation to its supercalifragilisticexpialidocious goodness.
- I can't say enough just how much I love my iPhone. So much in fact, that it worries me a little.
- Chocolate Chex Mix. Have you tried this? It is absolutely divine. When I bought the bag I immediately divvied it up into the listed number of servings and put them in little snack baggies. Otherwise I would have eaten the whole bag all in one sitting and my diet would have been shot. How's that for self control?! (she says as she breaks her arm patting herself on the back)
- SITS Bloggy Boot Camp in a couple of weeks! Right here in Baltimore! Can't wait to see some of my favorite bloggers!
- Getting rid of a pair of jeans because they're just too big!
- That feeling when the the countdown timer on the treadmill/arc trainer/elliptical hits one minute and I get that last little surge of energy to push through those last 60 seconds.
- My birthday next week. Another year older. But it happens to be my monthly Hon Night dinner that very day, so I can pretend it's actually a birthday party all for me!
- The replaying of the Georgian luger's awful accident by NBC over and over and over again. I'm appalled by it. That poor man's family. It's just the worst kind of sensationalistic television and it makes me sick.
- I have to go to the lady doctor today. 'Nuff said.
- Not having Mary Poppins ability to snap and the house cleans itself. Sigh.
- The number of calories in Qdoba's Mexican Gumbo. This is one of my favorite dishes and I confess to thinking that while it was probably not a low-cal option, I didn't think it would be WORSE than a Big Mac meal. Wrong.
- I put a screen protector on my iPhone. It is a thin piece of adhesive plastic that is exactly the size of the touchscreen and must be VERY carefully placed. I managed to get it on there just right, but I got a little speck of something on the adhesive side and now there is a small bubble. There is no peeling it back and removing the speck, it will only make things worse. We learned that the hard way. It. drives. me. crazy.
What gets your thumbs up or thumbs down these days?
Have you stopped into BlogTrotting today? We're visiting a great blogger on a wonderful tour!