I took Sophie back to the doctor yesterday. She just didn't seem to be making the kind of improvement that you would expect after four days of antibiotics. Good thing, too. Turns out the ear infection that had been afflicting her right ear has now spread to her other ear as well. Guess that explains all of that crying. And here I thought she was doing it just to annoy me.
We decided to put her on the atomic bomb of antibiotics since the infection seems resistant to whatever girly-man antibiotics we were using before.
After a week of being cooped up in the house, I am sure she has cabin fever. I know I do. I've been trying to get her outdoors for at least a couple of minutes every day. I'm working on the theory that a little sunshine and fresh air can only be good for her. We've had some absolutely gorgeous weather around here lately, it's a shame to miss out on it altogether.
Now, if she could just get well so we can break out the cool sprinkler pool we got for her.