Becky tagged me for this a couple of weeks ago. I thought it would be hard, but turns out I'm pretty random. So here goes, twenty random things about myself:
1. I can juggle and ride a unicycle. But not at the same time. What am I? A circus performer?
2. I am incredibly indecisive. It took me a half an hour to pick out one tube of lipstick at Sephora. Imagine what it is like for me trying to decide on an item from the catalog-sized menu at Cheesecake Factory!
3. While I have now lived in Maryland almost longer than I lived in Kansas, I will always be a Kansas girl at heart.
4. I hate being hot. You can always add more clothes or blankets to get warm, however when it's hot, you can only go so far. At some point you're naked and still hot.
5. My daughter has the same name as one of my childhood pets.
6. Grape gum turns my stomach.
7. At least one foot has to be uncovered when I sleep. But it absolutely, positively can NOT hang over the edge.
8. Every night, as I head up to bed, I have to check that all the doors are locked. Even if I have just walked in one of them, locking it behind me, I will come back and pull it to make sure.
9. I am a phone-phobic. I get super nervous whenever I call someone, even someone as benign as pizza delivery. I'm sure it dates back to my short-lived telemarketing career. Never yell at telemarketers, it may scar them for life.
10. I love Coca-Cola, but only over ice or in a can. I can't drink it from a plastic bottle. It just tastes wrong.
11. Against all odds, I'm actually not hating working out every day. Who'd a thunk it?
12. I can't stand country music, but I love me some Patsy Cline.
13. I was crazy about Star Wars as a kid. I wanted to be Princess Leia so bad I could taste it.
14. I am pretty sure I am the reincarnation of someone rich and famous, otherwise how do you explain this imperious attitude?
15. I have visited New York City more times than I can count and have never been to the Statue of Liberty.
16. I was not given a middle name at birth. It's something of a family tradition that girls are not given middle names with the expectation that when we marry we will make our maiden name our middle name. And so I have. We didn't give Sophie a middle name, either.
17. I have three first cousins, total, all only children.
18. I sleep on the left side of the bed, which according to some theories means I am in the driver's seat of our marriage. That sounds about right. (I love you, Neil! :))
19. When I was a kid, I had a pet turtle we found on the side of the road. We kept it in a kiddie pool and I made grasshopper soup for it by mashing up live grasshoppers. Yeah, that's not gruesome at all.
20. About once a week, I actually try to move things with my mind. Someday it's going to work.
So there you go, more Cara quirks. I'm not going to tag anyone, but feel free to do this if you'd like.
Have a great weekend!