There's a meme going around where you list your favorite ten things that begin with a letter. I decided to play along and I was assigned F by the fabulous Jen. If you don't already read her, get to it! There are a couple of very obvious things that begin with F that I love, like family and friends. There are also a couple of less than PG things that begin with F that I like, but we won't go into those.
These are a few of my favorite F things:
1. French Fries - Really it could be a section for all things fried but we'll narrow it down to fries for the sake of brevity. I love french fries so much I wrote a paper about them in a college writing class. Curly, steak, traditional, seasoned, whatever, it's all good.
2. Fire - There is just nothing like the feeling on a cool winter's day of coming in from the cold to a blazing fire. As a kid, alright and an adult, I've always loved stretching out in front of a fire, having to roll from back to front as one side gets too warm. Toasty.
3. Fudge - I'm not much of a chocolate person, but I can put away some fudge.
4. Facials - I'm all about pampering. If I could get a facial every week or even every month, you better believe my butt would be there.
5. Fairy Tales - What little girl didn't grow up believing in fairy tales? I always had a pretty rabid imagination and my fantasies were fueled by the Brothers Grimm, Mother Goose, et al. I was the fairy princess and my prince was coming to save me. There was magic in every corner.
6. Filet Mignon - I likes me some steak. Hey, I'm a Kansas girl at heart, they inject beef directly into your veins out there.
7. February - It's my birthday month. And who doesn't love their birthday? Crazy people, that's who.
8. Flowers - There is just something about the extra something flowers bring to a room. And don't even get me started on how amazing it feels when you get a surprise delivery. *cough* Neil *cough*
9. Fountain Pens - I have a strange and wonderful obsession with office supplies, but in particular, pens. Not just any pens, though, fountain pens. I love the way they write. I get an old fashionedy feeling when I use one that is incomparable to a felt tip or (cringe) a ballpoint.
10. France - I am a serious Francophile. I took French all through high school and even started out as a French major in college. I've been there twice and am dying to go back. Even though the last time I was there (for my thirtieth birthday, X years ago, sigh), my fellow traveler Aparna got her wallet stolen on the subway. Amazingly, six months later, she got a letter saying it had been turned in to the police and she was free to come pick it up at her leisure. I tried to talk her into a return trip to retrieve the wallet but she declined.
So those are a few of my favorite things. If you want to play along, let me know and I'll assign you a letter.
Have a great weekend!