So here's my great big list of things that I want to accomplish in the next 1001 days. Those in bold have been completed.
- Take a class in photography.
- Learn how to use my sewing machine.
- Sew an outfit for Sophie.
- Learn how to hem jeans.
- Create a list of 25 things I like about myself.
- Get a massage once a year. (1/3)
- Create a will.
- Create a living will.
- Learn CPR.
- Get a better understanding of HTML.
- Sew a quilt with the extra fabric from old projects.
- Learn how to crochet.
- Exercise at least three times a week, for at least 20 minutes a session. (52/143)
- Lose 10 pounds.
- Lose 20 pounds.
- Lose 30 pounds.
- Lose 40 pounds.
- Do 50 sit-ups and 25 push-ups for 30 days. (0/30)
- Do a run/jog/walk for charity.
- Drink at least 7 liters of water a week. (52/143)
- No soda for 7 days at least once every six months. (0/6)
- Take a yoga class.
- Use exercise ball at least once a week. (0/143) - not doing so great on this one
Europewith my husband.
- Visit the Statue of
- Swim in the ocean.
- Visit the
. Holocaust Museum
- Go to Blogher ’09 in
- Take a 20th anniversary trip with Aparna.
- Go away for a weekend, just Neil and I.
- Go skiing at least twice. (To justify the recent purchase of skis.) (1/2)
- Tile the laundry room.
- Organize the shelves in the HVAC room.
- Pare clothing down to one closet.
- Start a compost pile.
- Paint entryway.
- Paint and fix up basement bathroom.
- Remove remaining debris and detritus from pool.
- Fill in backyard trench.
- Prettify the flowerbed next to garage.
- Plant (or pot) row of bushes around patio.
- Stain and finish tall shelves for sweaters.
- Put shelf-paper in kitchen cabinets.
- New curtains for guest bedroom.
- Replace dead shrub in front of house.
- Rip out carpet on second floor. Pray the hardwood underneath is as good as I hope. (It was gorgeous!!)
- Paint, replace, or get rid of the faux brick behind the gas fireplace.
- Pack away Sophie’s too small clothes.
- Get/make new curtains for the basement door.
- Replace the TV stand in bedroom with more functional shelving.
- Read 100 Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez
- Host a dinner party.
- Go to at least one theatrical performance a year. (1/3)
- Knit a scarf.
- Go to the
of Art. Baltimore Museum
- See a show on Broadway.
- Join or start a book club.
- Read a Jane Austen book.
- Paint a picture.
- Have a picnic.
- Go to the Air and
in DC. Space Museum
- Learn how to create Origami.
- Write a short story.
- Test drive a Porsche.
- Visit the
of Art in NYC. Metropolitan Museum
- Go to
for a day trip. Philadelphia
- Go on a boat.
- Use my crockpot once a week. (45/143)
- Try one new recipe a week. (2/143)
- Go one month without fast food.
- Learn how to decorate a cake.
- Make a Sour Cherry Pie.
- Learn how to make sushi.
- Try a food I have never had before at least once ever six months. (0/6)
- Cook with brussell sprouts.
- Buy an olive oil spritzer.
- Substitute ground turkey for ground beef at least twice a month. (26/66)
- Call either my grandma or granddaddy at least once a month (0/33) - failing miserably on this one, time to get crackin'
- Get professional pictures of our family.
- Create a photo album documenting Sophie's life.
- Take Sophie to the park or another play area at least once a week. (52/143)
- Have a "date night" with Neil at least once every other month. (6/17)
- Send one "Hi!" card a month to friends or family. (0/33)
- Do something extra for Neil at least once a week. (52/143)
- Complete my list of goals by 1/8/09.
- Save/earn $500 to go to Blogher '09.
- Donate blood.
- Meet a blog friend in real life.
- Get a fireproof safe.
- Buy 5 "Just Because" gifts. (0/5)
- Roll up all of the loose change and take it to the bank.
- Clean out my Gmail inbox.
- Buy something off Ebay or Craigs List.
- Sell something on Ebay.
- Re-evaluate this list at the end of each year. Eliminate those that have become obsolete or undoable and replace with new goals. (0/2)
- Scan all old pictures in, so we have them digitally.
- Create a photo block set.
To Be Decided (I am allowing five slots for those things that may come up in the following days, weeks or months that really need to be on the list. Not a cop-out on the last five, I swear)