I often wonder what my darling bean will be when she grows up. A couple of months ago, Oz posted a list of the professions her son's behavior indicated a predilection towards. Which got me to thinking. I know it's a little early yet, but I have a few ideas for potential careers for Sophie.
1. Nanny. She loves pushing around her little dolly in her stroller. Round and round the basement she goes, where she stops, nobody knows.
2. Cable Installer. My girl loves a remote control more than just about anything. She will cross great distances and climb tall sofas to get at them. She doesn't often throw tantrums, but she has been known to shed a tear when denied the remote. We have several dummy remotes which we hoped would take the place of our current remote in her affections, but no dice.
3. Animal Trainer. She adores the kitties. She likes petting (okay grabbing) them, she likes playing tag (chasing them around the house) and she loves helping out with their food and water (splashing in their water dish and dumping their food out). Not surprising her first word outside of mama and dada appears to be kitty. Unfortunately the way she says it, it sounds more like a part of a woman's anatomy. You get me?
4. Exotic Dancer. I would say nudist, but she has a flair for the dramatic that leads me to believe there's more than just a preference for fresh air on skin. When we met some friends out for lunch the other day, she greeted them with a smile and a flash of her baby belly. (I am less supportive of this career choice.)
5. Supermodel. I don't think I'm being preferential when I say that she might be one of the most attractive babies. Ever. Nope, not biased at all.
Whatever she decides to do, I will support her. When I was a kid, I said I would be the first female president. It seemed a fantastical idea, one that I wasn't sure I would see. Well, we're not there yet, but this election has shown us that dreams can come true.
So aim high, baby girl!