There are a lot of things I love about Halloween, it just might be my favorite holiday. Some people say its a dumb holiday to call your favorite, to them I say show me another holiday where you don't have to worry about family gatherings, you get to eat like a model on furlough and you can dress in whatever you feel like, no matter how bizarre. However, there are some things that drive me crazy:
1. Teenagers who work the neighborhood with no costume and a pillowcase. You can't slam the door on them, that is unless you prefer your car gets shoe polished.
2. Gaining five pounds because you ate all of your kid's candy. I mean, you can't throw it out. That would be wasteful.
3. Spending $6 to get in and then $2 for each tiny pumpkin at a "pumpkin patch" that is just a field where they threw out a bunch of pumpkins.
4. Finding the jack-o-lantern that took you two hours to carve splattered all over the street by neighborhood punks. (Do I sound like a cranky old lady? Who says punks?)
5. Seeing one of the signs on your neighbor's door that sex offenders in Maryland (MY STATE!) have to post.
6. Stores already have Christmas stuff up. Can't we just enjoy each holiday as it comes?
7. Spending four weekends sewing a costume for your kid and then have them be embarrassed because they don't have the latest one from Toys R' Us.
8. Parents who take their less than one year old baby out trick or treating. Yeah, that's all about the kid.
9. Spending $30 on candy and then having no kids come because they're working the townhouse community down the road.
10. The giant pimple that turns up on your chin because you ate all of the leftover candy that didn't get handed out.
What's your least favorite thing about Halloween?