I got tagged (my first time *blush*) by the always fab Tiffany over at The R Family Diaries. She is also one of the founding SITS gals. SITS (Secret's in the Sauce) is a blog dedicated to blogging and spreading the word about all the great blogs that are out there. Each day, Monday through Friday, they feature a blog. To be chosen for this honor, you have to submit your three best posts. Unfortunately, I can't decide which are my best, so I'll just have to enjoy their picks until I can make up my mind.
So, here's the rules:
1. Link the person who tagged you
2. Mention the rules on your blog
3. Tell about 6 unspectacular quirks of yours…
4. Tag 6 following bloggers by linking them…
5. Leave a comment on each of the tagged blogger’s blogs letting them know they’ve been tagged.
Okey dokey artichokey, here are my Six Unspectacular Quirks:
1. I was raised in Kansas, my first dog was named Toto and both of my grandmothers were named Dorothy. How's that for dedication to a theme?
2. I love, LOVE, capers. Give me a piccata or a puttanesca any day of the week. Or, just straight out of the jar. They're also delightful in tuna or chicken salad. They are so yummy!
3. I'm really terrified of the dark. I still sleep with a nightlight, much to my husband's chagrin. This also correlates to my fear of murky water. Gives me the creepy crawlies just thinking about it.
4. I have an insane hatred for gum chomping/snapping. Actually, all mouth noises associated with chewing. It. Drives. Me. Crazy.
5. I would rather live in Maine than Florida because I melt in hot weather. It turns out I actually am made of sugar (another Oz reference) and like icing on a cake, anything over 90 degrees is BAD news.
6. My hair will only retain a style that is contrary to its desire for approximately 8 minutes. Just long enough for me to think maybe this time I've got enough hair product to keep it in place and get out the door. Then, it returns to its natural state of flat and straight.
So I tag (in no particular order):
Sara over at Blah Blah Blog
Nicki at Grin and Baer It
Bailey at I'm Not Saying, I'm just Saying
Kristi at There's More to Life than Laundry
MGM at Momma's Gone Mad
Katie at So Happy Together